Monday, December 4, 2006

Window Serenade


Today was a lovely day, windy day, but lovely all the same. Today was also Julia’s birthday. So Mery and I (pictured here) wanted to do a little something for her. After classes ended and my tours ended we took a trip to Kroger-- a local supermarket. We found Julia a nice cake, perfect for a few people. It had pink flowers and green leaves over a white icing. Mery artfully wrote “Julia” in green icing on the open space. It was very pretty.


Then, we decided to get Julia a few presents; little, useful things; the stuff that every girl needs. These things were: flavored puffs that dissolve in your mouth (they are really a snake for babies), a turkey baster, and a wooden meat cleaver. Here, Mery is modeling with the baster and cleaver.


After the purchases, we wanted to wrap the odd assortment of gifts, so we decided to go back to my dorm room. In all the hustle though, I thought I lost my ID card.
Tour Guide Intervention—the ID card is your life on campus. It is everything. An ID card is issued to every student on campus and it holds their food points, any money their mom/dad or themselves decide to put on it, it also gets the student into any building on campus and it is their library card. Should a student loose the card it is fifteen dollars to replace and on a college student budget that is a fifteen dollars that should defiantly just stay in the bank—end of TG Intervention.


So, we got into the room, because I did have my room key, and I found my ID card in my backpack. In this picture, Julia holds the meat cleaver and I am hoping she doesn't hit me with it. This is the perfect example of what not to do with a meat cleaver. Don't hit your friends with it. Hit meat with it.


With the ID card crisis adverted, we wrapped the gifts in newspaper. I have tons of newspaper folded neatly under my bed. I really enjoy OWU because I get to read the New York Times for my politics and government class. Any paper would make me happy. Its just nice to have access to a large, well-known paper. But tonight, the newpaper turned into wrapping paper.


Then we ate dinner. Yum.


After dinner we, now the “we” being Mery, Megan, Geoff, Ryan and myself walked to Julia’s window. We banged on it and when she opened it we sang her happy birthday. It was truly a lovely time. This picture show us singing happy birthday. In the back are Ryan and Geoff; up front are me, Mery and Megan.


Again this day ends by lying in bed, next to a book for politics and government, and the New York Times crossword puzzle ready to finish off my day.


Enjoy your next few days.

2 comments:

Mery said...

Wheeee window serenading! it's fun, you should all try it.

bytestyle12 said...

Find tips on how to download its games and how to play it well in order to have as much fun as you possibly can.
Ford LTD Air Conditioner Compressor