Thursday, December 14, 2006

Food, Yay!


Today is the day before finals week starts. My own finals experience will be just a little different because for two of my classes I wrote papers, and for one I have a presentation. I only have one actual exam. It's in Swahili. My Swahili final is all oral. I'll got in, my professor and I will chat, and the grade will come from that interaction. This type of language learning fits my personality a lot better. We didn't have to take notes in the class because we actually learned how to speak Swahili rather than learned the grammar. That's next semester. That's a little scarier.

As far as papers go, the fingers are tired. They just finished typing the second of my two politics papers and they still have some editing to do on my writing fiction story. Blah. And my project, for Myth, Legend, and Folklore-- and awesome class if I might add my opinion-- also included a paper. We did an mini-folklore research project on a topic of our choice and it was actually very interesting. My topic had a context of Japanese Storytelling with a focus on the performance of the stories. I choose three types: Rakugo, Kamishibai, and Manga/Anime.

Tonight, the plan is to relax. Lola and I are taking Mery, Megan, and Geoff to look at Christmas light in the area. Then, when we get back, we are going to go the a performance by the Babbling Bishops, an improv comedy group on campus. I am so excited to just take a break from the work.

So, just a bit about what's going on in the pictures. The first picture is a typical, Ham-Will dinner. It looks so yummy. I'm hungry. I'm going to dinner here soon.

Picture number two is Megan, Mery and me. I guess I make a good chair.

Picture number three is just me. Cameras in this group are dangerous. Almost all of us have a camera so you never know when you are going to get blinded with a flash. You've got to be ready. I'd also like to thank Mery, Megan, and Geoff for letting me steal their pictures until I get a camera of my own. Then it will be really dangerous. I'm deadly with a camera.

And the last picture is of Ryan. I promise, that's him under that jacket. All these pictures illustrate a typical dinner. Lots of food and lots of fun, just like a typical day.

Enjoy yourselves and more later.

2 comments:

Fun blog said...

That food looks amazing! Same type of stuff I eat usually, although I'm tryin to eat healthier now. Thanks for the post.

bytestyle12 said...

Find tips on how to download its games and how to play it well in order to have as much fun as you possibly can.
Mitsubishi Diamante Air Conditioner Compressor