Thursday, December 7, 2006

Snow Flakes and Couches


Ah today, as I rose from my bed and started my computer on its defragment, I decided to let in some naturally light. My roommate was already awake and in the bathroom. I crossed the cold floor to the window, pulled back the curtain, and too my very pleasant surprise snow covered the ground and fell from the sky. It was beautiful. I lay back down in bed and watched it fall.
I could watch snow for hours. There is just some mesmerizing quality to it that captures my attention. It relaxes my body. The morning was lovely.
Here is a picture of Mery, me, and Megan before
the Presidents Ball.

The snow didn’t last for too long. I walked to class and when class ended it was already gone. Now, sun broke through the clouds and wind blew through campus. Temperature wise, it was nice but the just made it colder. I was sad that I left my scarf in my dorm room. I did have my gloves though, blue muppets this time.
This picture is of Ham-Will where we eat breakfast and dinner. They told me to make a sad face . . . come to think of it, I don't know why.

From class I went to lunch at the wonderful Bishop Café. The Bishop Café is a little sandwich shop in the student center that has great food, amazing couches, and TVs where, if you arrive early enough, you can catch the end of the Price is Right. Today, I had a chicken and cheese and tortilla jig with salsa and sour cream. It was really good.


Everybody, Mery, Megan, Geoff, Ryan, Julia, and I eat lunch in Bishop almost every day. It’s a nice way for the lot of us to de-stress and get ready to the rest of the afternoon. We take over the couches. They are black, leather couches that smell good and are so comfortable. It’s like sinking when you sit in them. They are a nice difference from desk chairs. We cram a bunch of people on them and recount the day, tell stories, make plans for the evening.
This is a picture of the Bishop Cafe.

Sometimes, after everybody leaves, I like to stay on the couches and read. When I’m focused, I can get a lot done, but today, I didn’t get any done. I read, maybe a page in my book. Once I returned to the dorm room though I got a lot done. It’s truly about finding your place to study and just using that as your focus spot. I know Ryan really enjoys studying at the Mean Bean, which is a little coffee shop in Delaware. It also accepts our food points, very handy. My roommates find the library a nice place to study. I prefer to study on my bed. It’s really all about you and finding your way to get the work done.

Oh, speaking of roomies, one just ran in and told me it was snowing again. You must excuse me; I’ve got some snow to watch.
Enjoy yourselves.

No comments: