Sunday, December 3, 2006

Puddles: A Good Place to Start


I zip my jacket and pull out my "muppet" gloves --the muppet gloves are simply a pair of lovely yellow gloves that go everywhere with me. Even on warm days they tend to cover my fingers and they always hold a special place in my backpack-- and slip my fingers into them. Today didn't start as a glove day. I walked out of the dorm this morning and grey clouds rolled overhead spitting just enough rain to make it a hair-frizzy day. Just outside a large puddle greets me and I have the strongest urge to jump right in the middle of it, but sitting through class in wet pants just isn't as appealing as the puddle. Now, the night before, that's an entirely different story.

Last night, I definitely jumped in puddles after dinner. It felt so nice to act like a little kid again and just take some energy out on the puddles. And these weren't small puddles either. These were dips-in-the-sidewalk-where-there-is-absolutely-no-way-for-the-water-to-escape puddles. Lets just say from shoes to shirt bottom was soaked. And I learned a very important lesson, when you jump in puddles like I did, mom is no longer there to dry and wash the wet clothes for you. So, while it was an amazing time, the pants, socks, and shoes drying on the desk did make for interesting looks from the roommates.
Back to today though. So, it’s windy and wet. This morning, when I walked outside and missed the puddle I didn't need a jacket. It was cloudy yes, but I could see the sun breaking through. And during class I could see it. I couldn't wait to get outside. So, after my classes ended I ran out the door and straight into a giant gust of wind that nearly blew me back inside. I felt like I needed a rope to pull me across Sandusky St. and up the JAYwalk. I finally made it and was struck funny by the other wind-blown people. Everybody who walked through the doors of Ham-Will (the student center) looked the same. Their faces were stuck in one position consisting of wide open eyes and a straight-tight-lipped mouth. Red cheeks, noses, and ears finished off the look. I imagine I looked exactly the same way when I reached the building.
Now though, I am laying on my bed, in a toasty dorm room waiting for my brain to defrost before starting the weekend work. It's not a lot, but best to get it done.
Oh, and the pictures included are just so you guys can get to know me a little better. I am a campus tour guide so first is a fun picture that is affectionately named "The Tour Guide Picture". Next is a picture from jumping in the leaves. Following that is a picture of me, collapsed in my bed, much like I am as I write this, moose and all. The final picture is from jumping on the "foofs" in the Welch Foof Room.
Enjoy yourselves and your next couple days.

3 comments:

Mery said...

Hey there miss blogger! Wonderful first post, may I say :)

Fun blog said...

Never heard of "foofs"..but it looks like a ton of fun!! Thanks :)

bytestyle12 said...

We all know that the majority of people will be playing Jedi Knights or Sith Warriors in the new Star War the Old Republic MMO, but you shouldn't overlook the Smuggler class. This article will give you a quick SWTOR Smuggle review so you can see if the play style is something you would be interested in.
Pontiac Vibe Air Conditioner Compressor