Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Bull Pen


I’m back at school. I turned in my writing fiction story and reorganized the dorm room to make it kind of homey for the two days I’ll be here. I brought my blankets back and my bears. It has come to my attention that all of my bears have a winter theme about them. Two are wearing snow hats. One has mittens and a scarf while the other is carrying ice skates. My third bear has an icy blue nose. At least they are warm for this time of year. Though the weather really has been manageable. We’ve only had snow flurries when, usually, by this time we’ve had at least one nice snow. The only cold days we’ve had were right after Thanksgiving. The passed three weeks have given us amazing weather.

So, now that I’m back to school I have taken up my normal residence, a chair in Geoff and Ryan’s room. That is actually where this blog is being written. They live three floors above me so it is a nice place to escape to when I just need to get out of my own room. I’ve written papers, read books, and studied all in that room.

The view is gorgeous from there, also. Their window overlooks the roofs the Ham-Will (student center) and the buildings leading up to it. You can see the tops of the trees and passed the student center you can see the spire of University. At night, the huge windows that encompass the fourth floor of Ham-Will are lit up with soft yellow light; a spotlight shines on University and both of these meet a dark sky filled with stars.

One of the favorite past-times of the “Bull Pen” is Super Smash Brothers. After a long day or just too much studying it is wonderful to beat things. Super Smash Brothers is a video game on the Game Cube system where each player picks a different character from other Game Cube games and then battle it in out in specially designed arenas. It’s a really great way to get rid of stress and oddly enough, after finishing, it is really easy to focus again.

It is also in the guys room that I get introduced to new music and that bunches of pictures are taken. They have their room set up so all the desks are out of the common room. In that space are a few fold-out chairs, a futon, a TV, and the couple gaming systems they own. It makes it a great place to socialize. Next year, I’m hoping my room can be set up exactly like this because it is so functional and inviting.

Pictures: Number one is Bear's visit to the Bull Pen. Number two is a pretty classic day on the futon, especially after finals. Number three is playing Smash Brothers. Number four is playing with the bull horns of the bull pen.

Enjoy yourselves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice game cube action!! Have a great break!!

bytestyle12 said...

Find tips on how to download its games and how to play it well in order to have as much fun as you possibly can.
Infiniti G35 Air Conditioner Compressor