Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nice Day Park


Ah, a lovely weekend just came and went. Sun, warm, more sun, and more warm. It was spectacular. To enjoy this lovely time, Geoff, Ryan, Megan and I went to the Delaware County Park. It is about a fifteen minute drive north on 23.

The first part of the afternoon was spent exploring the flood sections of the park. The Delaware County Park sits on a lake that, with all the rain and melting snow, over-filled and invaded the land. Water was half-way up light posts, benches were buried, a series of probably fifteen steps was reduced seven and if you wanted to launch a boat you didn't even need to go to the dock. Water temperature, a balmy forty degrees, perfect for some very cold toes.

After that adventure we made camp in a space that shared sun and shade. Megan provided the blanket and a quick jaunt away were the bathrooms and swings. There we played cards and relaxed. The poker game went well. Ryan was knocked out first, then me, then Megan, which made Geoff the winner. Following the rousing event we relaxed, reading and staring at the sky. So very lovely.

Results of the day: lots of laughs, lots of memories, lots of fun, and just a bit of a sunburn.
Have a great, safe weekend.

Pictures: First we have Ryan and me, staring down the camera. I especially like the blueness of the sky at our backs. That is how the whole day looked. Picture number two is the amazing flying chip. Megan did a great job getting this picture of Geoff throwing the chip at me. Picture number three is of Megan, relaxing the day away after almost winning the poker match. Lastly is a picture of Ryan reading the novella Hunger for the Narratives class the two of us are taking. A great little story. If you ever have the chance I would suggest picking it up.

As far as these picture go, I gotta thank Megan for the use of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your very welcome for the use of my pictures. I enjoyed reliving that fine weekend. Who knows what pictures we will take next...

Samantha said...

You know I'm always ready to steal a camera, at least until I get my own. Yay weekend, Yay fun, and thanks again.

bytestyle12 said...

This article will give you a quick SWTOR Smuggle review so you can see if the play style is something you would be interested in.
BMW 733i Air Conditioner Compressor