Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Yay Friend From Home


So my best gal friend from back home came up here to visit last Thursday. Katie and I have been friends since . . . junior high-ish. We have played on the same soccer team, enjoyed many a class together, as well as the always caused mayhem of the Cincy crowd. We have spent New Years together, breaks together, and I've visited her a couple times in Cape Cod, where she works for the baseball team and I "scout" the players.

Katie is a freshman at Colby College in Maine so our time spent together over the past year has decreased just a bit. So, when she decided to spend a day at OWU over her sprint break I was ecstatic.

of exploring. She met the crew at lunch and tastedShe arrived on campus mid morning and we spent the day exploring campus, exploring lunch, exploring Delaware, lots the food. Both were delectable. As far as exploration of campus; we ran up crazy stairwells, walked through the science center, visit the sulfur springs and played with the moving bookcases in the science library.

Then we went into Delaware and took pictures of the city. After that we have ices at Rockys. It was my first time and Katie's first time and the consensus: very, very good. And then Katie had to leave. So very sad, but it was such a lovely day I think I can wait until May to see her again.

Have yourselves a lovely week.

Pictures: Picture number one is of the ceiling in Slocum Hall. Slocum is the building shared by our Admissions office so, if you get the chance, please come visit, then run and up and see the ceiling. If you want a real workout got up the third floor and put your knowledge of historic people to the test. Picture number two is of the sulfur springs. Again, please come visit and go sniff/see out sulfur springs. They made OWU happen and hold a very special place in all of out hears and noses. Third is a sign Katie and I saw while wondering Delaware and we both thought it was hilarious. Fourth is of the gal and me. Yay us!

Have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "gal and me" is a really cute pic :o)

Samantha said...

Thank you on behalf of the gal and me.

bytestyle12 said...

This article will give you a quick SWTOR Smuggle review so you can see if the play style is something you would be interested in.
BMW 650 Air Conditioner Compressor