Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Snow Snow and It's at OWU


Well, as with most of my titles, the content is somewhat predictable . . . well, at least with this blog, it is.

It snowed.

It snowed a lot.

I like snow.

I like snow a lot.

The way the snow plows plow snow is they really like to push it off the roads and into huge piles at the entrances to sidewalks. Those piles, besides being inconvenient to those people who don't really like snow, are so much fun to climb upon and I climb them. They are also great fun to sink into and I sink into them. Lucky for me I have boots. Not having boots in an Ohio winter is silly. And I'm not talking boots with heels, I'm talking boots that you can romp in. Romping boots.

The date on this post will be Thursday but I am finishing it today, Friday, and Friday is my day off. So, I'm chilling on the couch after working this morning and I hear this scraping and cracking sound and the room kind of shakes and Jaz jumps off my lap and runs away. Guess what it was?
It was the half inch of ice and only-meteorologists-know how much snow sliding off the slanted roof my apartment. It was terrifying.

What else? I have decided that clearing snow off cars with the Trio of Doom is fun. First we cleared off Adele's car and then we cleared off Lola. Adele was going somewhere. I just wanted to get the weight off Lola.

Have a great one.

Pictures: First if the night of the snow storm and an intersection close to Austin. Second is Adele, clearing her car. Third is me, with a big hunk of ice-snow that I pulled off the top of Adele's car. Fourth is Adele and me after the car clearing when bad. Who do you think will win?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go with the ice scraper over the ice chunk. That's what it's designed for, after all.