Thursday, June 26, 2008

16th Birthday . . . Not Mine or I Would be a Prodigy


Gretchen turned 16 a few days back and we had a little part for her. The big party is coming this weekend and I am writing it. Yes, writing it. She wanted to do a murder mystery party but she didn't want to get a kit or anything so she came to her creative writing major big sister and said, "can you help me write this?" and I said "sure" and the next thing I knew I was writing the entire thing. It'll be fun though. I get to play a hobo.

I had to work all day on Gretchen's birthday so the real fun began when I got home because instead of doing sixteen spankings, I decided to do sixteen sneak-tackles. And I got all sixteen of them in, plus a pinch. I hope this brings just as much luck as the spankings would have.

Probably the funniest tackle was when I snuck up on her in the living room, yelled tackle, and proceeded to through both of us over the back of the couch. She screamed and we ended up a pile on the floor. Tackle sixteen was enjoyable because I cornered her in her bedroom and tackled her into her dresser which we slide down and landed on pillows, paper, books, and whatever else Gretchen keeps on her floor. It was a good evening.

There was cake too and Gretchen's big birthday present with a new lacrosse stick and the lacrosse camp that finishes today. She went to the UC campus and stayed overnight, three days and two nights.

A huge bug just flew into the window. It wasn't a cicada but if it had hit me I would have screamed like it was a cicada. Good thing I'm not a window.

But I think Gretchen had a blast on her birthday and I hope the party this weekend goes just as well.

Have a great one.

Pictures: First is Gretchen acting sixteen with no eye fronts. Second is Gretchen getting ready to blow out candles and then eat cake. Third is the result of one of the tackles. And fourth, because of the tackle, Gretchen got confused and thought she was ninety one.

No comments: