Thursday, July 3, 2008

Someone is 16 and Someone is Dead


Kind of a menicing title, isn't it? Dead. Sixteen. Well, the sixteen year old isn't dead but the host of her murder mystery party is. William Bunbury (Adele, that name's for you).

For Gretchen's birthday party she wanted to have a murder mystery and she wanted to write her own, which means I wrote it. Well, we did work together coming up with the characters, the theme, and those building blocks but the story line, clues, and overall happenings are copywrited to my brain. And I did all that writing the day before and the day of the party. I allowed myself the procrastination time.

I think that the party was an overall success. The attendees spent three hours playing the murder mystery game and then the last hour they had for whatever they wanted. The clues were probably too easy but for my first murder mystery I think it was well composed. They were all going in a different direction at the beginning and I was able to turn it around in the end.

Character-wise, it was a good time because I got to play a fortune teller and Liv, who was the other moderator, played a reporter. Gretchen was an actress from the 1920s and in the pictures, the dress she is wearing, is my never-before-worn prom dress because I was sick and couldn't go. It's a great dress and I'm glad she could use it. There was a war widow, a detective, a gem inspector, a flapper, a mob boss, an heiress, and a world traveler.
There were also cupcakes. Mmm cupcakes.

Have a great one and have a very happy 4th. Right now there are no giant plans. The family might be visiting friends in Kentucky, assuming the rain holds off which being the 4th of July in Ohio, doesn't seem likely.

Pictures: First is the group of kiddos that came to the party: Kristi, Charity, Gretchen, Chad, Meriel, Ashley, and Elizabeth. Second is Gretchen in my dress right before everybody got to the house. Second is me and Liv all costumed up. Fourth and me and Gretchen. It is our heads and they are nice heads.

No comments: