Thursday, July 31, 2008

August and Campus Visits


Tomorrow is August 1st. Can anybody else believe it is 1 day from August? I start classes in twenty five days. I remember that no long ago I was fretting over not having enough material to keep all ya'll entertained over the summer and soon I will have all of my school experience to blog about . . . or at least I hope I'll have a lot of experience to blog about . . . no, I will, I'm an optimist.

But, a very exciting thing is happening tomorrow. Tomorrow is an OWU visit day. Anyone that has a history with my blog will know have heard about visit days before but for those of you that are new to OWU or to the blogging arena I will explain. At strategically placed days through out the year, OWU provides an entire day where there are numerous programs (panels, financial aid stuff, etc.) and even more tours to give prospective students an unhastled day to explore all aspects of OWU. And tomorrow is one such day.

I will be making my return to campus to participate in tours and the student life panel. I jump up and down when someone tells me that they've read my blog so if you have and you happen to see me, give me a shout and I will hopefully hear you and turn around.

And for stuff that is not OWU but that I will be doing this weekend that I have to talk about because it is amazing and a family tradition is the Bumpers, Blues, and BBQ festival. It lasts all of Saturday and there are old cars and blues music and my favorite part, BBQ from tons of different vendors with different and special recipes and it is yum. I plan on eating a lot and then eating more. And also my family is going and family friends are going, and my cousins and aunt are going, and Mike and Liv are going and it is going to be a good time.

Hope ya'll have a good time and have a great one.

Pictures: First is what I look like with beanbags on my head. Second is what I look like when I am eating . . . but I will control myself tomorrow at the luncheon. Third is what I look like when I put my feet out a window. Fourth is what I look like when I'm dancing . . . and there is lots of dancing on visit days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first pic is cute, the final pic is the cutest of all - picking two of the four in this post to single out :o) As usual, time flies!

Samantha said...

I always enjoy the anonymous singling out; thanks for reading and commenting!