Friday, June 20, 2008

Homerama 2008


So, yesterday, something exciting happened that happens only a few weeks a year (summer weeks) and makes me a very happy girl. That something is Homerama.

Homerama could potentially be something that is only confined to Cincinnati but it is something that is wonderful. Multi-million dollar homes are built and then opened to the public for viewing. They are fully decorated, but if you buy the house you don't keep the decorations. All the furniture and paintings and stuff are auctioned off at a later date.

Some of the homes a simply ridiculous. They have theaters in the basements, pools in the backyards, insane grills, ceilings, and one even had a six car garage. There were ten houses this year. Ten to twelve is an average number.

My favorite room was the two story library/office with a waterfall and spiral staircase. I didn't have a favorite house this year but there were elements in each one that I enjoyed. There was a Cape Cod style home and the paint colors and art work in it was beautiful. The furniture in the India inspired home was very contemporary and I like contemporary furniture. There was one house that was decorated like a European castle and was complete with a full bar in the basement.

Homerama is one of my favorite summer events. When I first saw the opening day in the paper, I was talking about it and trying to coordinate a day with the family for a home viewing adventure. The family enjoyed it too.

Have a great one.

Pictures: First is one of the houses at Homerama. Second is the waterfall in the two story library. Third is a picture of 2008 (for those that forgot). Fourth is a picture of me a Gretchen.

No comments: