Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baseball with the Reds


So a few posts ago we discussed baseball by not the Cincinnati Reds. Today, we will discuss baseball by the Cincinnati Reds. Liv, myself, and a few others attended a Reds game two nights ago and in typical Reds fashion, the most rewarding part of the experience was our seats . . . Our dear Cincinnati baseball team didn't even stick to typical Reds playing and do well through the fourth inning. I believe it was inning two where the Reds pitcher had back to back home runs hit off his pitches (because if they were hitting off anything else it would be a little kinky). Granted, first baseman, number 19, Joey Votto did have a home run somewhere early in the game (which made me happy because he's my favorite) but other than that, it was a pretty poor showing.

I am happy I went thought because we, courtesy of Olivia, were sitting five rows from the field right behind first base. We were in foul ball territory. I was fearing for my life most of the game and adrenaline rush from that was enough to make up for the lack of adrenaline the Reds were providing.

Also, last night was a big night. In the world of college, its really nothing, but in the world of me, it is something. I don't know if this has been discussed before but I am an early to bed person. 9, 10, I'm in bed and then I get up early, 7 or 8. That is my schedule. My body works really well on that schedule and I have been able to keep it up through college. Well, last night my schedule was blown out of the water.

Rose, Jake, and I decided to hang out for a bit and we ended up at Jake's apartment watching a movie, Transformers, which we didn't start until after midnight. We watched the whole movie and when I got home and crawled into bed, it was 3am. 3am! Jake and Rosemarie now hold the recorded for the latest Samantha has stayed up. Congratulations!

Have a great one.

Pictures: #1 Our view, un-zoomed from the seats. #2 Our view zoomed from the seats on Joey Votto. #3 me, taken by Olivia. #4 Mr. Redlegs.










No comments: