Saturday, May 5, 2007

Zoo Without the Darkness


So, some of you will recall a December adventure where we mobbed the zoo, in the dark, with not really any animals but some magnificent holiday lights. Ah, the insanity of it, but as of yesterday a reading day--

--info insert: a reading day is a day provided by the university in which classes are canceled and students should be studying--

I have again seen the Columbus Zoo in the light and with the animals. This was my second trip there. The first was for my sibling's birthday because she is in love with manatees and the Columbus Zoo has one of the best exhibits. So on this second day light adventure we saw animals and it was great.

I attended the zoo with the zoology majors so while I spent my time talking to the moose and the bison and the bonobos and the birds, they spent their time studying them and all that other stuff that zoologists do. It was fun for me, the English major, to study them studying the animals . . . sounds a bit like sociology or medicine. Well at least I didn't try to get in their heads (psychology or philosophy). We did learn a lot and I even got to speak some Swahili.

Note: all of the subjects mentioned in the last paragraph are offered at majors at OWU with the exception of Swahili, but you can take that as you language to fill that language requirement. Its what I recommend.

Continuing on, we (Megan, Zoe, Geoff, and I) spent a total of five hours at the zoo. It was great. If you come for a visit check it out sometime.

Have an awesome weekend.

Pictures: First is Megan, Zoe, and Me and we are all very excited to be at the Zoo. Yay zoo. Second is a picture of the manatees there. As I said, very, very wonderful. Third is a picture of an albino alligator. Fourth a picture of a flamingo. Bright colors, those get another yay. Thanks to Geoff and Megan for these pictures.

No comments: