Monday, September 7, 2009

Cooking


I really, really, really want to cook. I think part of the reason is because I watch Chopped (instead of doing the reading I should have been doing this afternoon) and the crazy stuff they were cooking with inspired me to make something as well. I mean, a dessert out of celery, that is crazy stuff. So, I jumped up off my couch, all eager and ran to the kitchen and flung open the cabinets and freezer and suddenly my mood changed. I had nothing to cook. I mean, I could have made cookies or brownies or something but nothing that required real cooking skills.

Sad day.

I considered going to the store. I considered my financial situation and changed my mind. So for dinner I made a sweet potato (which if you are looking for a cheap college dinner taters are the way to go. Besides, they are amazing.) and I made peas because I love peas but both those things were microwave things and not real cooking and it was a sad day.

I think the other reason I really, really, really want to cook is because it takes time and while I should be spending my time reading (because as a student I can obviously consume a 400 page book in a weeks worth of time (sarcasm)) I need a reading break. Don't misunderstand, I thrive on books. Without a good read before bed sleeping is no good so perhaps I should be thankful for the opportunity to read so much . . . doesn't mean I don't need a break.

Anyway, have a good one.

Photos: First is me, sad because I have nothing to cook. Second is a tomato, which I would cook if I had one but I don't. Third is me with my cousins.

1 comment:

Adele said...

You should have posted the picture of our cookie of oneness!