Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mormons in the News


It was a muffin morning (but actually I was eating a Cinnamon roll because all the muffins at the bakery would have killed me). I was reading the newspaper and in said paper there was a headline that caught my eye: "Mormon calender Helps Cost Grad his Degree".

Being a curious person, I decided to take a gander and this is what I discovered.

"Brigham Young University has yanked the diploma of a man who created a calendar featuring shirtless Mormon missionaries and was later excommunicated from the church." That is the first paragraph of the story.

. . .

. . .

Wow.

So, being a curious person, I searched online for this calender and I found it and Wow. The calender pages feature two pictures, one of the missionaries in their classic shirt, jacket, and name tag. The second picture features them shirtless and Wow. Mormon missionaries are not bad to look at.

Now, I don't want to ruffle any feathers . . . wait . . . but really? Shirtless guys = excommunication? I see worse things walking down the street, like shirtless unattractive guys. That is far worse the shirtless attractive guys. Sometimes guys that are wearing shirts are unattractive.

Oh, and what about all the attractive poses that women in calendars assume? Enough, said.

Also, it's not like the money was just filling the creators pocket. Each missionary got a reasonable cut to give to the place where his mission was located. Sounds like a sweet gig to me.

So, that's the news.

Have a great one.

Photos: #1 Censorship: sad. #2 Shirtless Mormons! Where are you? #3 Something equally pretty, waterfall!

No comments: