Thursday, April 3, 2008

Jazz Hands


So, in a desperate attempt to again stall for Mery . . . (trust me its the end of the semester we are all busier than flies swarming the back of a horse) I will tell you about my exciting adventure at the Columbus Jazz Orchestra show. John put to the whole thing together a couple months back and since the first mention I have been excited. Not only was it a change of scenary (not that OWU isn't pretty but even pretty things get redundant) but it allowed me to get dressed up (which probably doesn't sound too exciting to most of you but after living in jeans and tennies for weeks on end the prospect of heels and dry clean only clothes is heaven).

There was a whole group of us that went. Lots of music majors then me, Zoe, Ryan, and fearless leader/driver John (who is also I music major but deserves special recognition because of the work he put into the planning.) We went to dinner first the the Spaghetti Warehouse. It is an actual warehouse. If ya'll have the opportunity while on campus and are looking for a fun place to go that unique, Spaghetti Warehouse should be at the top of your list. It was fun, friendly, and the perfect spot for our group of twelve.

After dinner we went to the show at the Northern Theatre in Columbus. Again, lots of fun. The music was excellent. My favorite was a song played by the bass, drumset, and piano. John wanted to be "smacked in the face with a wall of brass sound" and he was at the show's end. But I think even more exciting was the theatre itself. Not too often do you go to a place where when the name of a song is mentioned the entire audience sighs or makes the recognition sound (don't try and tell me you don't know what that sound is.) Not too often do you go to a place where people are dressed in heels and jackets but throughout the entire show there is whooping and cheering and calls of play it again.

It was an experiance and one I am happy to add to my list of things completed.

Have a great one.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Okay, spammers, back off. This is a not a place for your advertisements and I would appreciate it if no more of them were left in my comment section.

Thanks,
samanthaowu

Anonymous said...

Spammers suck *bleep* (as Beavis would say) LOL

Am sorry to hear that your blog was infiltrated - you'd think all of the identity options would prevent that, but they are persistent, like telemarketers (boo)

Hang in there, you're almost a junior! :o)

Samantha said...

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I just got done cleaning up the post, again, of Spammer comments. Thanks for reading and yay almost a junior.