Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Up from the Chair


Hey all,

I am moving! yay! I've been sick, literally knocked on my butt for the passed week. It was not a good time. But now I am back and moving and yay!

Oy' I'm trying to remember what's happened. My birthday was last week. That was fun. The roommates and I made rice krispie treats with a rice krispie treat maker that Selby's mom sent her. Basically it was a make your own shape jig and we made our own shapes. I made a pig and a cow. I ate the cow and I gave the pig to Megan.

All of the dorms here do come equipped with a kitchen and while it isn't state of the art technology, it works. I know for Fat Tuesday, Selby and Mery made pancakes in the kitchen and girls on our floor use it all the time. It's a handy touch of home if you are tired of campus food and in need of something home cooked.

Next year Zoe and I will be living in Austin Manor. I am so excited. I will have a nice big kitchen then and I can bake and bake and make dinner and bake more. Austin is OWU's apartment style living. We have a studio apartment type jig. I am jumping up and down excited. Mmm, bread.

Anyway, oh what else, Science House, the SLU Mery and Selby are proposing gets proposed and hopefully accepted on Friday. I am excited for them and tossing my support behind Science House. I believe it will be a good addition to the SLU community because our campus does have many science majors and the purpose of the house is to give them a place to congregate outside the science center. It feels relevant.

Have a great one.

No comments: