Friday, March 7, 2008

Kicking Off Spring with Snow


It is Spring Break and I am home. Yay home. And it is snowing. And it is not just snowing but it is snowing a lot and it is going to keep snowing until Monday when it reaches fifty degrees. Strange isn't it? But that is Ohio and that's what the weather does.

I hope everybody is doing well. If you're not I hope everything gets better.

So I don't know if I mentioned this before at all but I want to talk about it now because it is cool. Last Friday, Feb 29th, (Happy Birthday to all of you born on the 29th, by the by) OWU hosted the Global Outreach Talent show which raises money to send children to school in Africa. This year the money went to the Ghana Student Education Fund (it went there last year too).

The show included singers, violinists (who ended up winning the who jig), guitar players, and one very talented ukulele player as well as a few dancers. I went, partly because I wanted to go and partly because I was writing an article for the Transcript.

Did I tell ya'll I'm considering a double major, English and Journalism . . . its just being considered but will probably happen but I make no promises yet.


But the Global Outreach Show
is just one of the many events OWU has to help improve the world. Some people are going on Spring Break Missions trips. Mery is leading a group to New Orleans to help rebuild houses through Habitat for Humanity. And it will be amazing! Also over break OWU hosts Wilderness Treks. Selby is going cross country skiing in New Hampshire where there is fifty-two inches of snow.

Have a great week.

No comments: