Sunday, February 3, 2008

SLUshing It


I believe in the previous post I mentioned SLUsh Week and my covering it for the Transcript. Did I tell ya'll about SLUs and SLUsh . . . I don't remember so here we go again.

>Warning College Content: At OWU there are nine single family living units (small houses) that were bought by the university and turned into living units for students. Each house holds ten to fifteen students, sophomores through seniors, and each house has a different theme. Themes: Modern Foreign Language, Women's House, Creative Arts House (we have two because the first one was so popular), House of Thought, House of the Black Culture, International House, and Tree House. The purpose of the SLUs is the give back to the OWU community in some way so each semester, each student in the house my complete a house project that both goes with its theme and gives back to OWU.

>Warning College Content Continued: So what is SLUsh. SLUsh is the process a student interested in living in a SLU goes through. each house opens it doors to prospective housemates with an event. All of this happens in one week, which was last week, which I covered for the Transcript, which was amazing fun. A little tiring but fun.

This year is exciting in the SLU world because there are three new SLUs being proposed which means that one of our current SLUs could be replaced. The proposals are Science House, House of Health, and the Inner Faith house. I'm throwing my support behind Science House becasue one, my roommates at heading it up, and two, I think the idea is practical on a campus where there are a lot of science majors.

But yes, last week my life was SLUsh and part of it was done froggy voiced, again. I swear it is our funky temperatures. We went from 50 to 23 overnight. It's not global warming my friends, it is simply Ohio.

Have a good one.

Pictures: 1 is the sign that Mery left on my car. 2 is the picture of Mery I drew when I was the Creative Arts Event. 3 is of me trying to see the back of my hair without a second mirror but a conveniently located camera. 4 is of the Tour Guide retreat last weekend.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

No, I've never been there. I'll have to check it out.
Thanks so much for the link. It will do a world of good for me and the rest of my readers.

Thanks for reading and have yourself a good one.

bytestyle12 said...

Everybody normally understands the down sides of internet generally and online gaming specifically.
BMW Z4 Air Conditioner Compressor