Sunday, January 27, 2008

An English Major Lives Here


My roommates, all three of them are in some science field. As we've developed, I am an English major. I am at a disadvantage but I would bet that if someone walked into the room the first thing they would say is, "An English major lives here."

Why?
1)Well, it might be the definitions of Slush written on our door whiteboard to promote next weeks SLUsh week. Yes, next week the Small Living Units (SLU)s on campus open there doors to new members. Each the ten is holding an event to introduce curious folk to the house and the mates.

2)It might also be the stack of books with titles like "On Writing Well"-Zinsser and "STYLE" -Williams along with anthologies of essays and dictionaries and glossaries of literary terms. (These are definitely not scattered across my desk and table and bed.)

3)It might be the books stacked on top of the educational ones that are just for fun.

4)It might be the hermit-like darkness that I find myself keeping our room in because bright lights are annoying.

5)It might be my inability to hold a conversation and act appropriately in public . . . haha, old stereotypes are fun. (I can act appropriately in public, really. I'm a tour guide. I have too.)

6)It might be the overall cleanliness of my desk, room, my folded clothes, my made bed, my organized shelves all because, like a lot of writers, I have this aversion to actually sit and write because there is something that needs done that is way more important than say, writing a book or writing a paper. (no lie, one of my educational books told me this and I recognize this quality in myself.)

That's how people know an English major lives here.

Pictures: My camera is currently tied up in the Transcript. I am doing some photojournalism for the school paper and while I've got some update pictures that actually relate to this semester, I am going to upload them until I've got the Transcript work completed so, we go into the archives.
Picture 1: Is from the OMT trip that Mery, Selby and I went on. Seeing as how I was talking about roommates, I thought at least one roommate picture was appropriate. Picture 2: The Michigan trip. Zoe, Adele, and me playing on the playground. Picture 3: New Years, I'm watching you! Picture 4: Me, in my room, playing with my belt. It's wrapped around my head. But ya'll can see that from the picture.

Have a great one.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those swings y'all are playin on are like the freakin awesomest swings i've ever seen. i can see myself having a lot of fun on those swings. ps...you, me, and mike time is coming up around the 21st (of february....just in case clarification was needed). you up for a little drive to cincinnati? if not, i bought a roll of gorilla tape to use on you and take you to cincinnati anyways. but gorilla tape hurts like a motha to get off...so maybe you'd just better say you'll come.

Samantha said...

Why thank you. they were a lot of fun. Cincinnati on the 21st, we will see. I'm going home soon for a hockey game and family time so I'll count it out and make sure there is nothing already scheduled. You know I would never want to miss a weekend with you and Mike.

bytestyle12 said...

Everybody normally understands the down sides of internet generally and online gaming specifically.
BMW X6 Air Conditioner Compressor