Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Home and Hockey


Home weekend was hockey weekend this passed weekend when I went home. For my dad's birthday the my dad's co-workers took the family to a Cincinnati Cyclones hockey game. It was bobble-head night. Twister, the mascot and my bobble-head, is staring at me right now. And he is bobbling.

They rented a box, which had a nice inside lounge connected to a twelve seat balcony that stretched over the ice. We were situated on one of the corners. Through the night we had pizza and drinks and then the rink people bought my dad an ice cream cake and dad got to ride the Zamboni.

The cyclones won . . . I don't remember the score.

Oh and we did dinner before the game. It was a family style jig. At the end of dinner I taught all the little kids, and some of the adults, how to put spoons on their noses. At one point I had a spoon on my nose and my chin. There are pictures, but I don't have them. My sister has to send them too me but when I get them, you bet I will share them.

And now I'm back at school. It snowed. It was supposed to snow more than it did but yesterday it got warm enough for the snow to become rain. I almost fell down some steps because everything iced over. And the rest of the week is going to be cloudy and mid-thirties so the snow should stick around for a bit.

Valentine's day is coming up. I forgot. And then I remembered, obviously. Any plans, any plans, I think I'm going to see a movie with Zoe and Adele. We are all dateless so we decided to spend Valentine's day together.

Have a great one.

Pictures: First is out view from the box. Second is dad riding the Zamboni. Third is Gretchen and me being chased by a bear. Fourth is a fight.

No comments: