Monday, December 3, 2007

Happy First Birthday Blog!


Everybody get excited because today is my blog's first birthday! Yes indeed the blog is one year old and aren't we just kicking.

On December 3rd, 2006 my blog was born. It opened with the title, "A Good Place to Start" and boy howdy was it. From the wet day in December the blog an I have matured from using stolen picture, to Paint pictures, to finally coming into our own camera and using our own pictures. We have had content from stream of consciousness to deep discussion on comments made by my readers. We have expanded our verbal horizons by including sounds. And, we have made friends with prospectives, alumni, and anonymous readers.

Blog's first sentence: "I zip my jacket and pull out my 'muppet' gloves- the muppet gloves are simply a pair of lovely yellow gloves that go everywhere with me."

Over the year readers have followed us as we journeyed from class, to the zoo, to Cincinnati, across campus and back. They listened to us complain about work (class and job, alike) and about not having a camera (which has been remedied), rave about projects, breaks, holidays, and puddles. Readers have soldiered through our rants on seemly meaningless matters and hopefully they have chuckled at the informality of it all.

Blog's first use of Paint pictures: June 28, 2007 featured in an article about exploding computers and a rant about cat bites (which, if any of you dedicated readers remember I was bitten by one and I am not dead. Point proved).

So, Happy Birthday to you Blog. Hopefully we can continue to entertain readers and readers, hopefully you can still inspire us with your comments.

Thanks and as always, have a great one.

I suppose we'll timeline it a bit. I don't want to get overly sentimental with the pictures because that is not Blog and mine's style. So simply organized; Picture one is summer before OWU (that is Liv, Rose, Katie, and me spelling out Mike . . . just incase you couldn't read our shirts.) Picture two is starting OWU; it is a picture of the Fresh X cook group (Mery, Julia, Carolyn, Helen, and myself). Picture three is summer in Cincinnati between freshman and sophomore year at the favorite hang out, the ice place. Picture Four is the most recent one I got. It's me looking like a box at Columbus Zoo Lights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really nice pic there - a bunch of cuties in #1 ... :o)

bytestyle12 said...

We all know that the majority of people will be playing Jedi Knights or Sith Warriors in the new Star War the Old Republic MMO, but you shouldn't overlook the Smuggler class. Nissan Xterra Air Conditioner Compressor