Friday, December 14, 2007

Gift for Readers


Hello loyal readers of blog de me. For all of you who have been reading and for those have just joined us I have a Happy Holidays gift for you all. At the end of this post you will get to see Gustav naked.

So today is reading day number one. At OWU a reading day is a day where classes are canceled and students should study or work on papers or projects that are due in place of or with an exam. As I write Mery and Selby are both hard a work on doing what they should be doing on reading day. I am using this reading day as a break day before I go hard core into my work. My parents were on campus this morning and we went to lunch. Seeing them will make these next few days bearable. I am here until the last day of exams because I have an exam Thursday morning. Boo late exam.

Last night was fun though. It was OMT Christmas Party night where we traded White Elephant gifts and dressed up in ugly Christmas sweaters. For those that don't know what a White Elephant gift is, as I had no clue, I will enlighten.

A White Elephant gift is something that's price usually exceeds its usability. They are also called gag gifts. The term white elephant gift comes from the practice of when monarchs used to give monks white elephants. A white elephant was a valuable thing because it was rare and almost priceless and because of its rarity it was protected from doing work. So, it was both a blessing and a curse because the white elephant was valuable but it was overall useless.

I made a pair of binoculars out of two Styrofoam cups, duct tape, and green ribbon.

So anyway, if you are looking for an entertaining and relatively cheap way to spend times with friends this holiday season, have a White Elephant party.

Pictures: First is of Mery hiding behind our Christmas tree. Second is of the three of us before we left for OMT. Note, around my neck are the amazing binoculars. Third is a picture of Gustav, fully clothed and picture four is of Gustav naked.

Have a great one.

No comments: