Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Procrastination Because . . .


I'm being a bad English major. I should be writing my paper. Moll Flanders sits to my left and underneath it is the prompt. It's a paper about narration and such. I've got some ideas and I talked them out as I walked back from the admissions office this morning (note to readers: talking about narrative dialogue while walking alone with draw some very interesting looks). Anyway, it's just the actual linage of them that is the issue. I could write down my ideas but I've got a feeling that my professor would not be able to understand them because, without sharing the paper topics, this is how it would look:

Monkey, basketball, red, yellow, aooogaaa.

I shouldn't be worried though. I've got two days to perfect it and a page or so written. I'm being to hard on myself. I'm only a kinda-bad English major. I am not a fan of procrastination but I think it would be entertaining to list the ways that I, Samantha, procrastinate.

Top 5, get yaselves ready because this are definitely list-addition-worthy. *Note, these are in no particular order. I don't prefer one over the other, but for the purpose to organization I decided to list them.

1) Look up videos on YouTube. YouTube is a great and horrible invention. It is so accessible I can find almost anything I need for entertainment. The bad part, I can do this at anytime.
2) Surf the web for Anime pictures. I am a closet Anime guru.
3) Write blogs. Imagine that.
4) Distract my roommates with questions and conversation. Don't misunderstand, I love to chat with my roommates when I'm not procrastinating but I just find more interesting things to say when I'm trying not to do something.
5) Clean. Back home I used to vacuum or do the dishes. Here, I reorganize my desk, my bookshelf, my closet . . . just something to get me away from the computer.

Now that we've procrastinated together, it's back to the writing. Good luck in what you're doing. Hope you enjoyed and have yaselves a great week.

All these pictures come from Adventures at Red Bench. Basically, Ryan and I were bored and decided to play with the webcam on his computer. My favorite style is from the first picture. We got some really cool pictures and the color distortion of the Ginko tree was beautiful.

No comments: