Saturday, November 10, 2007

Traveling November


Hey all,

So sorry for my lack of updating. College life has finally caught up with me and the busyness is overwhelming. But do not fret. Coming now is a wonderful little update and what makes it even more wonderful than just the regular wonderfulness of my writing is the fact that it comes from the edge of Adele's bed. Yes, lovlies, I am home with Adele this weekend.

November has been a tripping month in a few different ways. Not drug ways . . . as I know some of you will think when you see tripping but in the journey and falling kind of way. Last weekend was Michigan with Zoe. Zoe lives in Ann Arbor and last Friday night we went to her house and then went to a comedy club in downtown Ann Arbor. Booyah funny. We had a wonderful laugh. The next day we met up with Ryan and Adele (Ryan is from Michigan too) and we adventured the state. Then, that evening, Ryan, Adele and I drove back to OWU because I was having dinner with Mike and Liv from Cincy.

And then this weekend I followed Adele home to Columbus. Not exactly the Michigan drive but it is a lovely little place and we are having a relaxing day.

This coming week is week the last before Thanksgiving break and I am not gonna lie, I want to go home. I miss home. I miss relaxing. Granted I'll have a bit to accomplish over break but just the ability to lay on a couch and not have to worry about roommates or anything . . . that is relaxing. You learn to appreciate relax time.

Have a great one.

Pictures: Picture number one is the view of Zoe's deck. The water is a lack section of the Heron river. Absolutely gorgeous. Ryan and Adele were just taking it all in. Second is of me fighting the camera during a traffic jam. We were visiting the weekend of the Michigan-Michigan State game. And the next two picture are from when the big kids found a playground to invade and invaded successfully. In picture number one of the playground is Adele, me, and Ryan on the slide. In the second picture is Adele, me and Zoe, again on the slide.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ryan looks like he's in pain..
did you guys hurt him

Samantha said...

umm, in that picture I do believe there was some pain. My foot was digging into his ribs.

Anonymous said...

Blogging didnt exist yet when I was @ OWU over 10 yrs ago, but its very interesting to get a direct view into the life of a student in the latter half of the '00s ;)

The website redesign makes it harder to find the blogs, but they're still linked on the main splash - two clicks and in.

You do a really nice job! Keep it up.

Samantha said...

Thank you so much for reading.

I'm glad you were able to find the blogs. I'm working with OWU to try and get a direct link on the homepage because I believe this is a neat tool OWU has invested in. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

My pleasure - you've made it fun to read your posts.

Yes, it seems like the webmaster is continuing to redesign step by step (the latest things I noticed were the black added to the main page on the border, and the rearranging of the main drop downs), but I figured out how to get here all the same ....

Agree. I've been on a few other univ websites, and it seems like blogging is very commonly spotlighted - more so than on this site.

A couple ideas -

Post a blog link on the drop down for class of 11 - freshman could use upperclass insight, eh?

Post a blog link under admissions for prospectives to better notice

School should get a few faculty & staff to blog too ...

Samantha said...

Thank you so much for your suggestions and for your compliments. I will be sure to mention them to our webmaster and in the admissions office. Hopefully we'll see change sometime soon.

Hasani OWU said...

You are getting a lot of traffic. Good stuff.