Monday, November 26, 2007

After Break Blues


It has been a while hasn't it? So sorry to keep ya'll waiting. I have a very unreliable internet connection at home and it is just frustrating to work so hard and then loose it all. It's much like doing laundry and then dropping your clean clothes into a pile of ick on the basement floor. It is not a practice I recommend.

I was home over Thanksgiving. I baked forty loaves of bread, two boxes of cookies, three pans of bar cookies, and two pans of brownies for the family's annual holiday food give away. It's our tradition to give a basket of baked goods to friends and neighbors around the holiday time. Thanksgiving is mega bake time where I take over the kitchen and throw flour and sugar and eggs into a bowl and make magic out of them. I love baking. It is my stress release.

The thing I probably miss the most about being at school is not having a convenient oven. Each dorm does have a kitchen facility but its just not the same as having your own kitchen.

Then Thanksgiving was spent with just the immediate family. We went out to dinner and boy was it a great one. My favorite were the sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes. If ya'll've never had sweet potato pie get one and eat it. It was better, I am using better because I believe it, than pumpkin pie (and trust me, I'm a huge pumpkin fan).

Hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving and Happy December wishes as we start off the end of 2007.

Pictures: The first three are my steps to baking. Put all the ingredients into a bowl. Put those ingredients into the oven and like magic you get bread! Yay bread. I believe those are loaves of Gingerbread. It is excellent with cream cheese, whipped cream, or just by itself. Picture the last is of the kid and me at dinner. I love my sibling! And Gretchen is responsible for these pictures. Thanks Gretchen!