Friday, August 10, 2007

Tech II


Okie dokie, so I realized as I stared at the DVD player on my floor that I forgot something that is important but not . . .

Television: Now at OWU cable is included in the bill so all the rooms have cable. I do recommend having a TV. Whether you watch it consistently or not the television does provide a nice way to de-stress. I like to turn it on when I'm writing just for background noise. But don't go overboard on the TVs either. Not everybody in your room needs their own picture box. I would say the most you need is two and if you organize right you can bring it down to one.
In rooms like those of Thompson or Bashford you will only need one because the room configuration is just one big room. Two would be a nuisance. Anywhere else two is okay, though in the Smith rooms you can rearrange them so you would only need one.

The best way to organize the television and all its extras, as far as bringing, is to split it between the roommates. For example, this coming year Megan and I are sharing a bedroom and we are going to have a TV. She has the television and VCR so I went out and got a DVD player. As an incoming freshman such conversations can be a little awkward but believe me, if you take care of it now it becomes a lot easier once you get on campus.

Also, make sure you have a place to put the television. I don't recommend keeping it on the floor so just converse with your roommate(s) and make sure somebody is bring a table or shelving of some kind.

Another good thing to have is a cable splicer which allows you to connect two television to one cable feed. In some rooms (I believe those of Welch and Hayes) there is only one cable access so it is a good idea to have the ability to split that between the two bedrooms.

Bring some duct tape as well. Trust me, you'll need something to hold those cords to the ground.

Have a great one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much is the cable?

Samantha said...

I am so sorry it took me this long to respond.
Cable costs $27.00. I've been talking to some people around campus and it is still up in the air whether it is included or not. I say yay, people say nay . . . guess we'll see after the first week.
Thanks for reading and sorry about not getting back in a timely fashion.

bytestyle12 said...

This article will give you a quick SWTOR Smuggle review so you can see if the play style is something you would be interested in.
BMW 528 Air Conditioner Compressor