Thursday, January 4, 2007

Me at Home


So, all the high school friends have returned to their college lives. My girls at OSU are back there, have been back there for a few days. Jonathan is traveling with the band to Arizona for the big OSU football game. I am planning to watch it. As earlier discussed I am a college football girl and it looks to be a good game. As much as I love the Battling Bishops, I am also a big Buckeye fan. Going to school in Columbus all you see is the scarlet and gray. It's a neat cultural experience.

It's just Mike and me left in Cincy. Mike has been one of my good friends since eight grade. Our lockers were right next to each other and that positioning started out joke planning. At first, the jokes were just on each other. I shut his jacket in his locker so he was late leaving. He would slam his hand into my locker and shut it just when I got it open making me late to class. After the jokes ended on each other, we started playing them on our friends. We decorated Katie's room for her sixteenth birthday using tin foil, fake snow, and pop tabs. It was fun. He heads back to school on Saturday so then it'll just be me for a week.
I am looking forward to a week of me. Mom and I will hang out, I'll be totting Gretchen between exams and work, and doing crossword puzzles with Dad. Hopefully I'll get some writing done too. My book is on its way to completion. Well, I finished writing it, but as I let some friends read it, it becomes apparent that three re-writes just aren't enough. I'm now trying to gather all my creative strength for re-write number four. It has come to that point that I just need to set it aside a couple months. Write something else, and then come back.

School is also starting back up, here. I think its a little over a week and then I'll be back on campus. It'll be sad leaving home but I am getting excited about this new semester. Last semester went so well, that I'm hoping it'll just keep getting better.
I'll keep ya'll posted.

Enjoy yourselves.
Pictures: First is my girls at OSU: Rose, Carrie, and Olivia. Second is when Mike played football in the All-Star Game. The lot of us went up to support him. Mike is in the back, then Will, Olivia, Rose, Katie, and me. Three is Jonathan, who plays in the marching ban at OSU. The two of us have been friends since first grade. Picture number four is of Jonathan and me at my graduation party.

No comments: