Friday, January 19, 2007

At OWU, Again.


Back at school, I'm back at school and I haven't stopped moving since. New classes, new books, it's a non-stop dedication. This blog comes to you early, before breakfast actually. The lot of us always meet and walk like a mob to Ham-Will for breakfast. The Bakery is in Ham-Will and it is simply divine. The muffins are like biting a cloud; soft and moist, yet they fill you. Flavors range from classic to unique. I'm a lemon poppy seed girl myself. Here, I designate Friday as muffin day. If I didn't limit myself to one day, I would have a muffin every day. The Bakery also sells donuts, coffee, other sweet delights.
There are other breakfast items besides pastery. In the main food court there is cereal, hot breakfast the usually consists of French Toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage. There are also egg sandwiches.

Now I'm hungry.

To deter my stomach for just a few more minutes, I will discuss classes. As earlier stated, classes kicked off with a woosh. It was very similar to getting caught in the wind that whips across the JAYwalk. Ohio Wesleyan is on semester schedule so finals happened before everybody left for the holidays and we got a true, no-think-about-school break. Now that everybody's back, they have completely new classes. Now I'm going to go eat.

Now that I've eaten and attend some classes I find the time to finish. It snowed today. It was just a bit but walking through it and watching it was spectacular. I am a snow and cold person. I love the feel the chill in my lungs when I step outside and take a breath. There is something about it that make me feel so alive. And the snow today was just an added pleasure.

Catch ya'll later.

This week's pictures: First is a continuation of the leaf pictures. This the lot us buried: Geoff, me, Megan, Stacy, and Ryan. Picture number two comes from Julia's living room. On the couch its Megan, me, Geoff, and cat. Picture three is from the Delaware Country Park where we all spent and afternoon. This one is of Mery and Me. And the fourth and smallest picture comes straight from the admission office and the bulletin boards of OWU Wonderful Tour Guides. When you come for a visit I suggest you check it out. OWU has some of the most interesting tour guides around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there-

Mr. OWU alum once more - sounds like the bakery which kept me going each morning when I stopped by on the way to a morning class remains just as good as it was in the mid '90s; that is great for the current students ;-) Although you all are more blessed that we old alums were - the library cafe, health center on residential side, faster internet, new voicemail system, Corns Bldg, etc - all after I graduated. But, then again, tuition/room/board was about 12-15K less back then too :P

You're doing fantastic with the blog as in 2006. I read your reply to my remarks last time, and I appreciated you addressing my key point & you're welcome, too.

Another good thing OWU has done is stick with the semester schedule. No changes in the last 12 or so years.

One big thing I think you all still have as back then is the res halls remain the same ...

All the best.

bytestyle12 said...

Be it by buying the latest games for their consoles or visiting large stadiums or arenas to watch the latest matches of their favorite sports.
BMW 760 Air Conditioner Compressor