Thursday, December 4, 2008

Play Time Too


I realized yesterday that the title of my previous blog, "Play Time" had a purpose until I started writing the blog which went in completely different direction then talking about plays, which was the original goal of the blog. So, in this blog, I cam going to attempt to focus on the plays which I was going to discuss in the previous blog. Not to knock the content of bloggo previous because it is great, its just I was trying to tie my title and content together and I failed without trying to fail. I believe Gretchen would call it an epic fail.

So, guess what readers, I am having a play produced on campus as part of the One Acts. The One Acts are where the playwriting kids, aka me and my classmates, write plays (duh) and then they are given to the directing class and the directing kids get the actors and put on the plays. Mine was chosen. Mine is in the One Acts.

Incoming shameless plug: The One Acts are Friday and Saturday (Dec. 5 and 6) at 8pm on the main stage of the drama center and tickets are free.

Come see them. They are wonderful and cover a wide range of topics that can only be witnessed by coming to see the shows. There are six of them and they should be able ten minutes so it's really only an hour-ish, so if your not a theatre buff but are dedicated to reading my blog you can still come and still be entertained. This be advantage one.

Advantage two, you can experience a different style of writing from your truly and it can be instant gratification instead of waiting for the novel which will be published someday but not as soon as someday which is my play which is tomorrow and Saturday.

Yay plays!

Have a great one.

Photos: 1. is Gretchen's "epic fail" face. 2. is my "writer's face". 3. is Shakespeare, except me.

No comments: