Friday, December 12, 2008

Play Time 3


I almost promise this is the last one . . . you never know when I'll get a sarcastic streak and have to publish something under "play time" that has nothing to do with the title, kinda like the first one.

Anyway, my play was amazing. A big thank you to Elliot, Jake, and Meredith because they worked hard and brought Jake and Drew to life and I was very happy with what they did. Another big thank you to everybody who slogged through the original drafts; aka Zoe, Bonnie, and Katie. Overall the One Acts were a success and from the reviews I've gotten, the audience really enjoyed them.

I'll tell you what, it spurred me into writing another play. If I didn't have enough creative endeavors already, oy, but there is just something exciting-amazing-wonderful-terrifying, about seeing your play on stage and hearing your words being spoken. It is so exciting-amazing-wonderful-terrifying, that I want to do it again.

Also, it was great because my parents came in an got to see my work. They don't get to read much of my stuff so it was a treat for me to see their reactions to my writing and to hear what they thought. It was also fun to have three extra people sleeping in my apartment for a night because it's a good size . . . for two people and two cats. Five people and two cats is a bit cramped but we made it work and it was wonderful.

What else . . . exams. Blah . . . but they are a necessary part of college life and I will power through them like I powered through them last year and the year before. I'm not worried. There isn't any reason to be. And then after exams, the semester is over. Today was my last day of classes for the semester. It's unbelievable how fast everything seems. I'm going to be a senior is less than a semester. I just told myself to hold my horses . . . I'm not ready to think about that. Back to now, exams, ahh!

Have a great one.

Pictures: #1 is the photo from The Transcript of Elliot (Jack) and Jake (Drew). #2 is the Trio of Doom at opening night. #3 is also from opening night.

No comments: