Thursday, August 21, 2008

OWU is Calling and the Cincy Crew is Sad


Tomorrow I will be returning to my home away from home, OWU, and I believe there will be some crying. Leaving home is always hard for me because I dislike relocating. I am relocating to an amazing place, Austin Manor with my kitchen and everything, but leaving home is difficult. But I believe there will be come crying outside the family as the Cincy Crew is also splitting up and out future is uncertain.

Being juniors, the next step for most of us are internships and travel. Katie is spending the fall semester abroad in the Netherlands and Turkey. Mike returns to school and next summer he is looking for an internship anywhere from Cincy (he says with a wink). Rosemarie is permanently relocating to Columbus and Olivia graduates in four months with every intention of returning and living out the rest of her life in Cincinnati. My own future is a bit uncertain as far as location is concerned. An internship would be cool and there is always the book and its progress uncertain. So we had our before school fling.

Mike hosted a bonfire at his place where as our conversation went; "I'll bring the fire and you Sam, bring the people" and it went very well. 170 pictures later, we were all camera blind but nobody fell in the fire nor got beaten with a croquet mallet so I suppose it was a successful evening. There was the potential for hammock fatalities but I believe the only one at risk was the hammock.

Then we had a girl night of poker complete with arguments on the rules of the game. It had been two years since we'd played and apparently we'd been playing by different rules in our respective cities. There was food: Alfredo, pumpkin roll, chips and dip, salad . . . and it was yum.

And tomorrow I am back at OWU. Junior year here I come.

Have a great one.

Pictures: First is the fire. Second is the hammock and us not in it. Third is our friendly croquet game. Fourth is the Cincy girls.

No comments: