Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Haunted Hayride


This past weekend was haunted hayride weekend. I went home and took Zoe and Adele with me, and Ryan met us back home and with my family, we went hayriding. I'm talking hayride people. A wagon, pulled by a tractor, packed full of hay and people. Sometimes when hayrides are attended they are a half effort where it's a wagon with a sprinkle of hay but not this one. This hard core hay and wagon and ride.

Beyond the hay, there was lots of screaming. It's a great ride because people come out of the woods and jump up behind you on the wagon. They won't say anything, just lean in and stare at you. It's jump scary. I spent most of the ride on the floor or sitting on Ryan and Adele's laps. I crushed Zoe's hat which was very easy to bring back to shape. (Side note: the hat she had on was actually my dad's so it wasn't too big a deal).

Favorite part: either the diving on the floor or the nice looking guy who tried to remove my foot with a chainsaw.
Least favorite part: the price of the ride. Since gas prices have risen things like hayride have increased their prices. What used to be a reasonable family venture isn't quite the same and for the price I would also have hoped it was longer.
Overall: AMAZING.
The rest of the weekend that wasn't hayride was spent playing cornhole, watching football, and eating. Ryan got hit with a corn-bag and he fell down. We found it funny . . . he's fully recovered for those of you worried.

Sorry about the delay on this one all, we had some technical difficulties with pictures and such and now the difficulties are over and here they are.

Enjoy.

Pictures: During/after the cornhole game we got a little crazy with the beanbags and the following three pictures detail that excitement. Get ready for the madness. First is the lost of us relaxing in my side yard. Adele's hat kept blowing away so we were playing with it. Second is of me balancing the beanbags on my head. My posture was great but the walking would have been better if I'd just opened my eyes. Third is the the gals, beanbags on heads . . . great minds think alike. And lastly is after the madness we retired to the living room to join my dad in watching the Ohio State football game. Hi Dad!

Have a great one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Amazing blog Sam! You now have another dedicated reader to your ranks :-)

Anonymous said...

ryan has facial hair now? When did that happen? in all the other pics with him, he just has a little bit, but not a beard. He does look more handsome and older with the beard though, its kinda nice.

Samantha said...

Adele, so glad you found and enjoyed le blog.

anonymous, I have to agree that Ryan's facial hair is very becoming.

Thank you both for reading.

Anonymous said...

Well thank you anonymous. Who are you? Do I know you? Btw sam, me and zoe say hello, nice blog post... "Ryan got hit with a corn-bag and fell down." lol, forgot to mention it was your sister that attacked me, hehe j/k

cya later tonight

bytestyle12 said...

We all know that the majority of people will be playing Jedi Knights or Sith Warriors in the new Star War the Old Republic MMO, but you shouldn't overlook the Smuggler class. This article will give you a quick SWTOR Smuggle review so you can see if the play style is something you would be interested in.
BMW 320 Air Conditioner Compressor