Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ah Distracted


Hey all

Life has been quite the distraction. So sorry for not updating in a bit. Last week was mid-term week and this past weekend was mid-semester break weekend, which basically means OWU gives us Monday off and calls it a break. No complaints here, I will take a day off anywhere I can get it, but I think instead of calling it a break it should be called mid-semester long weekend. It's more accurate that way.

Mid-terms: happy with them. Enough said.

Mid-semester long weekend: very happy with. OMT (Outdoor Ministry Team(that I believe I have mention before)) and that I am a member of journyed to Ohiopyle PA. We camped, rock climbed, canoed, and caved. It was amazing. Be prepared, most of the upcoming pictures will probably be of before mentioned trip. The views, the silliness, the everything. More details with more pictures.

This week I had a really neat opportunity. I spent some time chatting with and listening to the stories of Bill Morrissey. What an amazing person. He is a guitarist and novelist and combines those two talents into a folk style storytelling. That happened last night and it was just a great evening all the way around. Bill Morrissey was brought to OWU through the Poets and Writers series which brings poets and writers onto campus for students to listen to and learn about. Never hearing of his before and then to hear his work and getting to talk with him . . . wow.

Tonight I am going to a hockey game with my mom. That has also got me excited. The Dallas Stars and playing the Columbus Blue Jackets in Columbus.
GO DALLAS!

Have a great one.

Pictures: First is of me at the climbing site. I am not climbing but I am holding the rope for the person who is about to climb. Poses are fun. Second is Mery after she discovered we filled an empty box with acorns and gave it to her. It was funny. Third is of Jeremy bouldering in a cave. Jess is ready to catch him if he falls. Last is just a far view of our climbing site. It was a really pretty place.

No comments: