Thursday, October 18, 2007

And The Winner Is . . .


So, yesterday I announced that mom and I were attending a Dallas Stars v. Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game. I believe I also made it clear that I was a huge Dallas fan and I expected them to drop kick the Blue Jackets a few years away. Well, it wasn't a drop kick victory but Dallas won! The game was amazing, for both teams. There were fights and there were goals and there was overtime and there was a shootout and boo yah Dallas won.

The score going into the overtime/shootout was 2-2. The final score was 2-3 in favor of Dallas. Magic in an ice rink.

This was my first attended NHL (national hockey league) game and who better to see first than your favorite team and what makes that first experience even better is when said favorite team wins. I'm sure my tour groups got tired of my bouncing as I told them about my amazing, hockey filled evening.

All of these are pictures of the rink and the Stars and the Blue Jackets and the game. I'm not going to bother narrating them because most are self-explanatory. One detail jig though if you see number 56, he is my favorite. Yay Zubov!

Have a great one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with the blog topic, but thought it would be interesting to pass along .. (link should work) :

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2007/10/22/dormmaids.ART_ART_10-22-07_B4_1Q88F7P.html?sid=101

I wonder if OWU students would like a similiar service on campus? Entrepreneurship is the theme here :)

Samantha said...

Actually, I think OWU already has a system like this. I heard about it at the beginning of the year and nothing since but I know The Transcript did a piece on it and students enjoy it.

I don't take part in a laundry service because (one) there is a convient laundry space in the basement of my dorm and (two) the student charges more than I believe is necessary and it is actually cheaper for me to use the room in the basement.

But I do think that the program is a great idea and that a little competition to this other business would be interesting. ;)

Thanks for reading.