Friday, October 5, 2007

Banned Book Week II


Because banned books are just that important they get a whole nother post. I'm excited.

So this week hasn't exactly been filled with great banned bookness. I went to the public library because I heard they had an amazing banned book display and there wasn't. It was a table with five books on it that appear on the Challenged Book List. I told my friends about banned book week and they just didn't seem to share my excitement. And tomorrow, this amazing week is over. So sad.

On a happier note my parents and sister are coming to visit on Sunday. Yay family. It will be nice to spend time with them and I look forward to their visit. Another note, in about a weekend I'm going to Pennsylvania to canoe, rock climb, and cave. It's part of OMT. Always and exciting time at OMT.

And now, for your viewing pleasure: Banned Book inspired fun, excite, and otherwise information that viewers probably don't need to know but that I feel is very, very, VERY important . . .

The Ten Most Challenge Authors (1990-2004) (it was the most up to date list that ALA could provide)

1) Alvin Schwartz
2) Judy Blume
3) Robert Comier
4) J.K Rowling
5) Michael Willhoite
6) Katherine Paterson
7) Stephen King
8) Maya Angelou
9) R.L Stine
10) John Steinbeck

Have a great rest of Banned Book Week.

Pictures: Tristan can't believe that more people don't know about and love Banned Book Week. Zoe loves word games, therefore she loves books and she wants everybody to see how excited she is about Banned Book Week. Ryan is sad that OWU didn't celebrate Banned Book Week. He is so sad the picture is blurry with his tears.

Lastly, some words of wisdom:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you're puttin your long-awaited camera to good use. i kinda miss your interpretive paint art, though... and again, yay for banned books.