Monday, September 17, 2007

Today


I am writing a blog. You are apparently reading it. I suppose you are curious how my unscheduled life is going. Haha, without editing I wrote ungoing . . . I am tired this evening. Today was the OWU Science Visit day so I was a host last night and gave tours all day today. All day is an exaggeration but it felt like it. Sleeping wasn't on my agenda this weekend. Friday night equaled four hours and Saturday night equaled nine hours and Sunday night equaled seven point five hours for a total of twenty point five. I shouldn't complain but you are reading a girl who usually gets nine hours a night, school and weekend. I believe in sleep. I'm in bed by ten and up near seven. It's a good routine.

So, what happened this past week. Is it bad that I can't really remember? Oh, I conducted my first interview for the Transcript (the OWU newspaper). I'd never done an official-for-something-interview before so after I finished it I jumped and danced around my dorm room. Then I danced across campus and I was so excited. It was a decent article too. I think, that for my first time, I did an amazing job. Check it out in the upcoming issue.

What else . . . oh! On Friday, author Brian Groh gave a small presentation. It was very nice. Ohio Wesleyan is very good about getting speakers on campus and getting the information about them out to students. Campus wide e-mails are probably the best invention since car doors. But Brian Groh came and he spoke and it was excellent. He is a debut novelist. His novel is titled Summer People. Check it out.

Have a great one.

Pictures: First is of my phone in the Bishop Cafe. I was with it but behind it because I was taking the picture. Second is of me on Ryan's shoulders, in my dorm room. Right beside us is my bed, the one that I dove off of the first night on campus. Picture three: Can you find the bug?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there ...

Did you realize your profile needs a little tweak? =)

" Hey there, just a little about me. I am a freshman at Ohio Wesleyan English major. If I had it my way all I would do is write books, but a good education is something nobody should go without and that's how I got here. "

*one thing is out of date - name that tune ... oops, item? LOL

Samantha said...

Thank so much for bringing that to my attention. Fixed and updated. I guess I was trying to live vicariously through my freshmen pals . . . awwell. Funny thing, I do still say I'm a freshman on tours and then it a "scratch that" moment "I'm a sophomore".

Thanks again.