Monday, September 10, 2007

Scheduling the Unscheduled


My calender is filled with more stuff from the past two weeks of school that it was for the entire summer. Is that not ridiculous? Not that I mind too much; I like being busy, but my goodness. I thought I led a very active life this summer but by the calender, I suppose not. But, thinking about it, I suppose my summer activities weren't the planned sort. My summer adventures weren't the sort that you could write on a calender and say "On this Thursday, July 12th, Olivia and I are going to get a lime-aid and drink it by the river while discussing the finer points of life."

I don't even know if July 12th was a Thursday.

But I'm sure ya'll catch my drift. There is something to be appreciated in events with a schedule. I guess that is what summer is for. It would be a little harder, in campus society, to plan groups and organizations without consistency. And class attendance would be a nightmare. But not everything about campus has to be planned. I realized tonight that I've gotten myself on an interesting schedule when it comes to things that should be unscheduled. As I paid for my dinner it hit me. I eat at the same exact times everyday. Breakfast is the only thing that varies. Lunch is at 11:30am and dinner is at five pm, every day, including most weekends.

I don't like that too much.

Also, I realized that the only reason it happens is because that's when my closer friends eat. I think I'm going to start variatizing the eating times. I can meet new people that way and I won't feel so scheduled because honestly, who schedules unscheduled events. Not me any more.

College advice: don't get so scheduled that everything you do relies on a schedule. It'll make you boring and bored with yourself.

Have a great one.

Pictures: The first two are of Ryan and my adventure to Blue Limestone Park. The second two of the Anime night Ryan, Zoe, Tristan and I had in my room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.