Thursday, February 22, 2007

Heat Wave


First we got dumped and now we are in the middle of a heat wave. By heat wave I mean we have a high of forty and people are running down the JAYwalk in shorts. It is definitely a bit better than zero with a wind chill in the negatives, but even that was somewhat enjoyable. Just the plethora of winter wear was enough to bring a smile to your lips. The first picture is an example of such.

Beyond that, the snow is melting and then refreezing at night so you need a pair of ice skates to get to class. But watching people was funny. I'm sure I looked hilarious slipping and sliding along the sidewalk. At least this time I didn't fall. In our last massive snow dumping I couldn't keep my butt off the ground. Take a step, fall down. Take a step, fall down. There was falling in the road and falling on the sidewalks and falling down steps, but no injuries thank goodness.

With all the puddles it is now like walking through a lake. A lake that is not that deep and not that big but still a lake. This blog started with puddles, jumping in them and then coming to the realization that I had to do my own laundry. It was no longer magical or free. I haven't jumped in any of the puddle-lakes yet, but I have desired it. Just, when carrying a book bag with books and other things that shouldn't get wet located inside puddle jumping doesn't have the same satisfaction. I might have to jump today though. It's so nice out (meaning 39 and somewhat sunny) that the day wouldn't be complete without a puddle party.

Have yourselves a great weekend.

Pictures: Picture the first is of me, trying out a different style of winter wear. Picture the second is of the first massive snow dumping and example of the walking conditions. Sadly, I do not have pictures of the falling, but the walking is pretty impressive as well. Picture the third is in Bishop Cafe, on a couch, with a lot of people. On the couch: me, Mery, Mike, and Christ is across us. Out the windows, it is snowing, a lot. Picture the fourth is of me, in Bishop, confused by the camera nearly jammed up my nose.

3 comments:

Mery said...

Wow, I didn't know that Christ graced us with his presence in Bishop! ;)

Samantha said...

Yes, apparently he did. Oh goodness, it seems that in the most recent post my fingers got a little ahead of me and Christ is supposed to be Chris. Oh well, it was kind of cool having him around. ;-)

bytestyle12 said...

Be it by buying the latest games for their consoles or visiting large stadiums or arenas to watch the latest matches of their favorite sports.
BMW 750iL Air Conditioner Compressor