Sunday, February 11, 2007

Off Campus Exploration



Yesterday, Saturday, Megan's parents came to visit and they took Megan, Geoff, Mery, and myself to dinner at Buca di Beppos. It is a maze of a resturant that serves the food in group proportions; one dish, small in size, will feed two to three people. This was my first experience with the place and it was wonderful. Bread, salad, spaghetti with the biggest meatballs ever, cannelloni, and there was a lovely chocolate cake for dessert. I am not a chocolate fan and this was really good. It is definitely a worth a while experience. Just a get a large group and go.


As far a eating closer to campus there are some great options. OWU has connections in Delaware where some eateries accept food points and therein, one hundred points from the meal plan are donated to off campus eating. One of those places is Mean Bean, a coffee shop. They have wonderful hot chocolate because I am not a coffee person. They also have giant cookies that they will heat up in the microwave for you. So good.


It is a hop, skip, and a jump down Sandusky St. and also worth a visit. Beeghly, which is the OWU library, is also fun toI spent a bit of time in there today after visiting the Delaware Public Library. explore. Up the steps, down the steps, around the shelves; it's worth while just to find a secluded place to study or read.


Have a great start to your week.


Pictures: First is of Megan, Geoff, Mery, and myself at the restaurant. Second is of me, but more importantly, notice the wall behind me. That insanity of pictures covers the whole restaurant. I don't think there was a uncovered spot. Third is the destroyed cake. Fourth and last is Megan, Mery, and myself in the back of Megan's parents truck.

No comments: