Wednesday, July 29, 2009

On Campus Again


So my dear blog readers who is excited about the visit programs next week?

Samantha is!

I always get super excited about getting back on campus and talking to ya'll about my second home. So, if you aren't excited, I'm hoping this blog will inspire some excitement as I describe to you the campus must-sees.

To start, we have a beautiful stained glass ceiling in Slocum Hall. Slocum Hall is the same hall that houses our Admissions Office. When entering the front door I suggest taking a right and walking up the stairs and taking a right in the Slocum Reading Room and looking up. And when your eyes go up you will be met by the stained glass wonderfulness. Now, I guess some of you are reading and thinking, Samantha, also of colleges have stained glass. And I would agree but I bet those other stained glass ceilings at those other campus don't have a picture of Abraham Lincoln on the stained glass.

Also at OWU we have one of the most giantest crosswalks and those of you that are visiting and taking a tour will be required to cross said crosswalk twice, at least, and hopefully more as you get a good long look at our campus.

Just trying to wet you appetite for OWU. Hope to see you next Wednesday.

Have a great one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute kitty :D the stained glass looks great - pretty sure it restored a few years ago?

Samantha said...

The Slocum Reading room is probably my favorite room on campus and you are right about the stained glass. I believe it was four to five years ago that is was cleaned and restored.
Thanks for reading and thanks for your comments!