Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not Long and Counting


Um, so, it's mid-April and classes end on April 30th and that soon. I hadn't realized how close it was until my professors started assigning the big final papers that come at the end of the year and I was like, man, I've got so much time to get this done, and then I looked at my calender and went, man, I don't have so much time to get this done. Plus, the Admissions Office has three more larger visit programs. My work load just keeps growing and growing and ahh work. Granted, if I wasn't as busy as I am I would get lazy and then my grades would suffer and then that would be a sad day. So, busy it is.

So, what exciting things have been happening at OWU? The temperature is hitting sixty today. It's been colder and rainy that past few days so sixty and sun is a welcomed change. Not that I really minded the rain because I like to walk in it, but to wake up to sun, is nice.

I saw Paula Deen. I can't remember if I already informed ya'll of this, but I did. I saw Paula Deen with Olivia and Paula Deen was amazing. I even have a signed cook book. I think the only blah part of the whole evening was when Liv and I picked up the tickets, the woman at Joseph Beth Booksellers told us that it was open seating the the doors opened at 6. So, I skipped a class and Liv got off work early and we got there at 4:30 to get good seats. We were eighth and ninth in line, we would have had front row seats, but, when we got inside, we were ushered to the back because we didn't have tickets 1-175. Totally bogus and totally false advertising but Paula Deen walked through the crowd and we got to see her close anyway.

And to talk about the seating thing once again, we weren't the only ones who heard wrong because the people in front of and behind us, were told the same thing and ended up sitting where we did. Boo Joseph Beth Booksellers for your false advertising.

But Paula Deen, two thumbs (more in I had them) up.

Have a great one.

Pictures: First is Liv and I at Paula Deen. Second is Paula Deen. Third is Adele, with a broken lamp.

1 comment:

Adele said...

Dude why did you feel the need to include a horrible picture of me in a blog that was *clearly* not about broken things?? Damn you wonder woman, I'm going to get you a wooden chair and drain all of your powers :-P