Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Acid Paper v Acid Free Paper


In my efforts to be a good student, I decided to work on the works cited page for my media law paper and while searching for publication information in my textbook, I discovered that my book was published on acid-free paper.

This is a new concept to me; not because I assumed that everything was printed on acid containing paper but because I didn't know that there had to be a disclaimer about acid paper and non-acid paper. I decided to share this fact with friend Jake and friend Jake said he was aware of this difference.

So, I inquired as to whether I could die from eating a book. Apparently, in older times, when books were published, they were published on acid paper to keep the pages from fading. Nifty eh? Well, in our lovely environment preservation mentality, paper people have come up with a new acid-free paper that does the same thing as the acid paper. Cool beans, right?

And as far as the dying from literary consumption is concerned . . . I think just cramming the paper down your throat would kill you, but as far as death from acid paper, neither Jake nor I think it would happen.

Another random fact for ya'lls fact books.

Have a good one.

Pictures: More leaf fun from when I was last home. First is Gretchen with leaves. Second is us with leaves. Third is out shadows with leaves.

Thanksgiving Break starts the 21st. I can't wait to relax.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In that second picture, your facial expression is truly amazing.

bytestyle12 said...

Be it by buying the latest games for their consoles or visiting large stadiums or arenas to watch the latest matches of their favorite sports.
BMW M3 Air Conditioner Compressor