Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Abhorrent Honesty


Friends,

I am frustrated. I am taking a non-fiction writing class at present and all was good until my professor called on me to comment about a book that I had no time to finish nor had any interest in finishing. And so I told my professor just that. I told my professor that it took me one hour to read twenty pages and that I did not have six hours to dedicate to the book (I do in fact have other classes). I told my professor that also, the book was uninteresting to me and so it made me even less encouraged to finish it.

Apparently my honesty was not appreciated in a class on a genre that was built on being honest. Ironic, I think so.

I will say this: I never made the decision to not finish because I disrespect my professor (though perhaps my actions unconsciously did so). I do. I never made the decision not to finish because I'm lazy (actually I'm quite busy and the decision was made to keep my sanity, which, in all honesty, is starting to fail (oops, honest again.)) And finally, in a workshop class, I want to workshop. I will read my contemporaries before I read authors who have made their place in history because I believe that in workshop, your job is to make your peers and yourself a better writer. If the goal of this workshop is to get me to read pieces by people who I can not critique, then perhaps the name should be changed from non-fiction writing workshop to non-fiction exploration.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking for that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were around 300 dollars everwhere. But definitively I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular brand. The prices seeking the velcros were all over 240 dollars on every site. But finally I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Hasani OWU said...

Good one!!

water heater said...

the scratch is really usefull in our life...

24h Pfleger said...

Cool! great post indeed.

MARIBEL JARRIN said...

http://acosojob.blogspot.com/
visitame y te informaras sobre el acoso en el trabajo.

Naeem said...

i have search your blog from google its very informative.we have a list of medical transcription companies.i will revisite ur blog.

Test Guide said...

i have visited lot of blogs but find your blog really nice.

Test Guide
IT Exams King
RealExams
BrainDumps

Unknown said...

Nice Gujjus Thoughts On : Gujjus Thoughts

shania said...

nice to see you and your blog, I'm from Indonesia. nice blog